Halloween is coming up, and like every other year I will be giving away Tenebrae Manor for free in the days leading up to October 31! The difference this year is that my latest novel, The Will of the Wisp, will also be free to download as well. So you can get two free books for Halloween, happy day! The promotion will start on October 27th.
I’d also like to note that I am working hard to get Tenebrae Manor: In the Dark Trees Definitive Edition out in time for Christmas, maybe earlier (a big maybe). But in any account, I can’t wait to share that one with you; it’s turning out great!
More news closer to Halloween.
– PSC xo
Tenebrae Manor – In the Dark Trees Definitive Edition is a revised edition of my debut novel containing illustrations, interviews, poetry, character profiles and more!
Following on from last month, I have had another short story featured in the March edition of Unearthed Fiction. Hit the link below to have a read of Knock Terns along with several short stories from other Australian writers.
Knock Terns is a relatively recent piece of mine that will one day serve as an opening chapter for a novel; we’re a long way off seeing completion for that one though!
Thanks again to The Australia Times for featuring my story.
Click here to check it out
I would once again like to write a quick thank you to everyone who downloaded Tenebrae Manor for their Kindle. Hopefully you enjoy your free read – please feel free to leave your thoughts in the form of a review / rating on Amazon or Goodreads. For those that missed out, fret not. Tenebrae Manor is still only $2.99 on Amazon. As always there will be more promotions in the future, until then happy reading!
I am very happy to announce that Gull & Leviathan has won the inaugural Lane Cove Literary Award for poetry. Congratulations to the other winners and shortlisters; to be part of this event is something to be proud of. Here’s hoping that it becomes a great annual event for aspiring writers to have their craft critiqued. I was privileged to meet many faces of the literary scene, and have my work shared with other writers and readers. I would like to also mention my short story Tower Of Fog, which made the shortlist for the short story section. Thank you to the judges Simon Kennedy and Jeni Mawter who read and critiqued my work, and also to Waterbrook for sponsoring the prize. It was a great night, and cheers to the success and future endeavours of all the writers involved!
Read Gull & Leviathan
Read Tower Of Fog
I was nominated by Kaleiyah-P to share a couple of facts about myself. I feel it might be good way of revealing myself beyond just a no-name writer!
So 7 facts:
- I am Christian. Jesus is King.
- I married my high-school sweetheart in 2011 and have loved here dearly since 2004.
- I love to read (duh); some of my favourite works are ‘The Master and Margarita’ and ‘Gormenghast’, both of which have inspired me in my own writing. Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft are two writers that I have aspired to.
- I’ve always loved to draw. Writing came about as a way to give life to the characters I was scribbling everywhere… Goya, Cezanne, Dali, Roerich, Escher would be a few great artists I really like, and I’ve always admired Tim Burton and his art.
- I am a jack-of-all-trades musician. I’d like to say I am a good guitarist, but I also love piano, flute and singing. Music is wonderful. The Cure are my favourite band; would love to meet Robert Smith.
- I am a bit of a nerd for video games and can usually replay my favourites again and again – anything Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid and the list goes on… Games are weird and wonderful worlds that can really inspire characters and world-building.
- I often don’t like attention, so writing something simple like this is a bit jarring for me! I prefer to express myself through my arts, so have a browse through the rest of my site and you’ll get an idea of what’s going on in my head!
If you reached this point, thank you. This was an enjoyable diversion from my usual posts.