I am very happy to announce that Gull & Leviathan has won the inaugural Lane Cove Literary Award for poetry. Congratulations to the other winners and shortlisters; to be part of this event is something to be proud of. Here’s hoping that it becomes a great annual event for aspiring writers to have their craft critiqued. I was privileged to meet many faces of the literary scene, and have my work shared with other writers and readers. I would like to also mention my short story Tower Of Fog, which made the shortlist for the short story section. Thank you to the judges Simon Kennedy and Jeni Mawter who read and critiqued my work, and also to Waterbrook for sponsoring the prize. It was a great night, and cheers to the success and future endeavours of all the writers involved!
Read Gull & Leviathan
Read Tower Of Fog
I was nominated by Kaleiyah-P to share a couple of facts about myself. I feel it might be good way of revealing myself beyond just a no-name writer!
So 7 facts:
- I am Christian. Jesus is King.
- I married my high-school sweetheart in 2011 and have loved here dearly since 2004.
- I love to read (duh); some of my favourite works are ‘The Master and Margarita’ and ‘Gormenghast’, both of which have inspired me in my own writing. Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft are two writers that I have aspired to.
- I’ve always loved to draw. Writing came about as a way to give life to the characters I was scribbling everywhere… Goya, Cezanne, Dali, Roerich, Escher would be a few great artists I really like, and I’ve always admired Tim Burton and his art.
- I am a jack-of-all-trades musician. I’d like to say I am a good guitarist, but I also love piano, flute and singing. Music is wonderful. The Cure are my favourite band; would love to meet Robert Smith.
- I am a bit of a nerd for video games and can usually replay my favourites again and again – anything Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid and the list goes on… Games are weird and wonderful worlds that can really inspire characters and world-building.
- I often don’t like attention, so writing something simple like this is a bit jarring for me! I prefer to express myself through my arts, so have a browse through the rest of my site and you’ll get an idea of what’s going on in my head!
If you reached this point, thank you. This was an enjoyable diversion from my usual posts.